The LS1046A-TP platform includes a Coral Tensor Flow Processing Unit (TPU) on an add-in card for accelerated inferencing for AI/ML applications.
Docker is an open, container-based platform for developing highly portable workloads. Docker containers can run on a developer's local laptop, on physical or virtual machines in a data center, on cloud providers, or in a mixture of environments. The Facial Detection Demo shown below is an example
of a demo running in Docker.
Facial Detection Demo
The FRWY-LS1046A can be used for both learning and recognition using NCNN and MobileFacenet software, even without cloud connectivity.
Note: This demo is a slightly older version that what is shipping on the LS1046A-FRWY today, but it demonstrates the same functionality.
Sensor Data Analytics Demo
This demo shows how the LS1046A-FRWY can track and store sensor data such as static acceleration of gravity in tilt-sensing applications as well as dynamic acceleration resulting from motion or shock. It can run on both 2 or 4 cores, and can monitor up to 50 sensor values concurrently in a sensor
Cold Storage Data Analytics Demo
This demo shows the compute power of the FRWY-LS1046A, with 24,000 data points processed and pushed to a local database per minute.. The user can choose from among 400 simulated refrigerators to check internal temperature, external temperature and deviation from set-point. The gateway will flag
any refrigerator that is not performing within the specified range of temperature. A local database is used to check past performance up to 24 hours.
The Jupyter Notebook is an open source web application that you can use to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations, and text. Its flexible interface allows users to configure and arrange workflows in data science, scientific computing, computational journalism
and machine learning.
Advantages of Jupyter Notebook
- Offload work: On LS platform, one can deploy Jupyter Notebook and access it from web browser, so that LS board won’t get heavy running Python itself.
- Ease in implementation and solve problems: With a Jupyter Notebook, you can view code, execute it, and display the results directly in your web browser.
- Tutorial and documentations: Jupyter enables the combination of code with more detailed documentation and results. This can be effective for multiple purposes, like with working on creating a AI/ML model, including tutorials which you might have already come across.
- Access to shell: Jupyter notebook also provides access to terminal over the web browser, and one can modify the files on go, if needed, without getting worried about the console or board access or to switch the screen in between.
Configure Jupyter notebook on LS Platform
Some of the packages to be download:
apt install python3-pip python3-dev
pip3 install --upgrade pip
pip3 install virtualenv
pip install jupyter
Run the below command with user permission on LS platform to start jupyter notebook:
$ jupyter notebook
[I 21:23:21.198 NotebookApp] Writing notebook server cookie secret to /run/user/1001/jupyter/notebook_cookie_secret
[I 21:23:21.361 NotebookApp] Serving notebooks from local directory: /home/nxp/my_project_dir
[I 21:23:21.361 NotebookApp] The Jupyter Notebook is running at:
[I 21:23:21.361 NotebookApp] http://localhost:8888/?token=1fefa6ab49a498a3f37c959404f7baf16b9a2eda3eaa6d72
[I 21:23:21.361 NotebookApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut down all kernels (twice to skip confirmation).
[W 21:23:21.361 NotebookApp] No web browser found: could not locate runnable browser.
[C 21:23:21.361 NotebookApp]
VNC Remote Desktop
Virtual network computing (VNC) is a type of software that makes remote control of a computer possible. It allows a user to view the desktop display of another computer remotely, and control the computer over the network. TigerVNC is a high-performance, platform-neutral implementation of VNC.
VNC presents a graphical desktop (Gnome or LXDE) running on the FRWY-LS1046A. The default desktop shipped with the FRWY-LS1046A is the LXDE desktop environment.
Configure VNC server on LS Platform
Some of the packages to be download:
apt-get install tigervnc-standalone-server
apt-get install lxde-common
apt-get install openbox-lxde-session
apt-get install emacs
Set configuration and password for VNC.
Run the below command with user permission on LS platform to start vncserver:
/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/vncserver -localhost no -geometry 1024x768
This server can be enabled to start automatically. On FRWY-LS1046A console issue:
# systemctl enable vncserver-user@:1.service
Connection to FRWY-LS1046A vncserver is possible using:
$ vncviewer 192.168.99.1:1
- Export display: export DISPLAY=:0
- To run the demo using VNC, image should have support of OpenCV.
- Python script should imshow, for streaming the output.
- Download the vncviewer for X86 machine, use port 1 for connection.
TigerVNC is a high-performance, platform-neutral implementation of VNC (Virtual Network Computing), a client/server application that allows users to launch and interact with graphical applications on remote machines.
The default desktop shipped with FRWY-LS1046A is the LXDE desktop environment.
Advantages of TigerVNC
- Virtual display with development environment: LS board supports VNC server, which will provide desktop experience similar as x86, with support of basic tools like GMAC, terminal, web browser, file manager etc.
- User-Friendly: User can modify the code directly opening the file in edit window, can copy paste the file from one location to another and even run video/camera stream.
- Highly secure: Full session encryption, multifactor authentication and many other security features.
- Support multiple devices: VNC is a light weighted tool and can be easily ported to any LS platform family.
- Multiple user support: One can create multiple users on LS platform with different access permission, so that each user can access the area they have to work on.
Tools and References
Artificial Intelligence Learn about our broad IC portfolio, NXP artificial intelligence (AI) core technologies enable AI and machine learning for edge applications in
automotive, industrial, and IoT.
Edge Computing The EdgeVerse platform offers primary edge computing capabilities. Our comprehensive portfolio of processors, microcontrollers and signature software is built on a
foundation of scalability, energy efficiency, security, machine learning and connectivity.