Connect products to the web and apply product data security and intelligence to drive business and consumer applications throughout the product life cycle. Brand owners and retailers can now have an unprecedented opportunity to apply data intelligence on an item by item basis, drive new digital applications, protect their products and supply chain integrity, and engage with their consumers in direct one-to-one communication.
With Secure Services for NTAG, NXP® offers a complete suite of value-added NFC services to enhance end-to-end security, and support easy, fast deployments:
- NTAG Configure & Trust is a chip customization service, resulting in chip products that are ready to use as shipped
- NTAG Validator & Redirector is a tag management platform, to link digitized products to a customer’s content management system
- NTAG Authenticator & Redirector is a robust authentication engine with tag-management capabilities, to manage cryptographic operations in a secure environment
- NTAG Authenticator lets customers manage tags themselves, while NXP securely manages customer keys and supports cryptographic operations in a secure environment
NTAG Configure & Trust
NXP offers a chip customization service, resulting in chip products that are ready to use as shipped.
NXP encodes customer-specific tag data at ultra-high speeds during wafer manufacturing, so customers benefit from high cost-efficiencies.
NXP also creates and provisions chip-individual cryptographic keys or secrets, derived from keys, in Hardware Secure Modules (HSM) in a FIPS 140-2 Level 3 compliant certified environment. These are used for silicon injection in NXP’s secure manufacturing environment.
If a key exchange is required, it is done with encryption, using a secure communication channel to protect the secret against any attacks or breaches.
Good to know...
NXP also offers pre-encoded tag chips as Standard Products. These suit buyers having no individual requirements on customization, such as dedicated keys or domain names, and integrate seamlessly with the NTAG Redirector. These can get you quickly started on product pilots.
The NXP Difference
- Scalable for mass market volumes
- Security enhanced with certified HSMs and chip-level data injection at source of production
- High cost-efficiency
- Fast and easy deployment
NTAG Secure Cloud Platform
To make our NFC technology as easy to use as possible, NXP offers an Internet of Things SaaS Platform for consumer products. Our cloud services are remarkably flexible and scalable for managing and securing billions of IoT product identities in the cloud while easing integration into your existing platforms and applications.
NTAG Validator & Redirector is a tag-management platform, linking uniquely digitized products to the customer’s own content platform. This service supports NXP’s baseline NFC products, such as NTAG 213 and NTAG 210µ. Customers can define rules based on location, time, tap count and other criteria for powerful control, enabling dynamic content links and notifications. There is flexibility to use this service as a redirect system or as backend to an App.
This service can be used with pre-encoded NXP Standard Products; alternatively, customers can select their own domain name and link their DNS entry to the NTAG Redirector.
NTAG Authenticator & Redirector is a robust authentication engine with tag-management capabilities, managing cryptographic operations in a secure FIPS 140-2 Level 3 compliant certified environment. Advanced rules are based on authentication, tamper and more, and support detection of unusual tap activities for corrective action.
This service supports NXP’s secure NTAG DNA authentication products with cryptographic operations. There is flexibility to use this service as a redirect system or as backend to an App.
This service can be used with pre-encoded NXP Standard Products; alternatively, customers can select their own keys and domain name and link their DNS entry to the NTAG Redirector.
NTAG Authenticator lets customers manage the tags themselves, while relying on NXP for added security. NXP securely manages customer dedicated secret keys and supports cryptographic operations in a certified secure environment. This service supports NXP’s secure DNA authentication products with cryptographic operations.
All NTAG cloud-based security services adhere to state-of-the-art security standards and are regularly audited. They are accessible using standard RESTful APIs, to enable easy, and fast integration into customer cloud systems and software.
The NXP Difference
- Scalable, secure, and privacy protected cloud platform
- Multisecurity authentication solutions for different customer needs
- Flexible standard APIs for mobile and web applications
- Can be integrated with Blockchains, ERP, DMP, and CRM systems
- High-availability system design - security audited, and continuously monitored for integrity and availability
- Fast and easy deployment