The HITAG product line is well known and established in the contactless identification
Due to the open marketing strategy of NXP Semiconductors there are various
manufacturers well established for both the transponders/cards as well as the read/write
devices. All of them supporting HITAG 1, HITAG 2 and HITAG S transponder ICs.
With the new HITAG μ family, this existing infrastructure is extended with the next
generation of ICs being substantially smaller in mechanical size, lower in cost, offering
more operation distance and speed, but still being operated with the same reader
infrastructure and transponder manufacturing equipment.
The protocol and command structure for HITAG μ is design to support Reader Talks First
(RTF) operation, including anti-collision algorithm.
Different memory sizes are offered and can be operated using exactly the same protocol.
The ISO standards ISO 11784 and ISO 11785 are well established in this market and
HITAG μ is especially designed to deliver the optimum performance compliant to these
standards. The HITAG μ advanced ICs are offering additional memory for storage of
customized offline data like further breeding details.
- Identify 200 pcs of garment with one read/write device
- Long operation distance with typical small shaped laundry button transponders
- Insensitive to harsh conditions like pressure, heat and water
- Recognizing a complete pallet of gas cylinders at one time
- Long writing distance
- Voluntarily change between TTF Mode with user defined data length and read/write
modes without changing the configuration on the transponder
- Authenticity check at the beer pubs - between beer bumper and supplied beer keg,
provides a safe protection of the beer brand
- Authenticity check for high level brands or for original refilling e.g. toner for fax
Within the dedicated CAS team within the BU Identification
Accompanying data sheets and application notes: