Layerscape SDK is the next generation of Linux enablement software for Layerscape and QorIQ family of processors. It provides all the necessary drivers, tools and libraries required to enable all features of the Arm®-based Layerscape processors and Power-based QorIQ P-series and T-series processors.
Layerscape SDK is tested, certified and frozen, ensuring a fully operational boot-loader, kernel and board specific modules that are ready to use together within a fixed configuration for specific hardware reference platforms. Layerscape SDK, combined with CodeWarrior® tools, provides the foundation you need to begin your project quickly.
- There are 4 ways to use the Linux enablement software from NXP
- As a complete reference integration1 with an Ubuntu user-space2 which allow users to quickly deploy and test-drive various features on a Layerscape reference design platform.
- As individual components including kernel drivers, U-Boot and UEFI bootloaders, firmware, user-space libraries that can be integrated into a Linux distribution. The LSDK components are commercial grade and thoroughly tested with years of development expertise going into them. These components form the basis for integration into community, commercial and customer Linux distributions.
- As standard Linux distros, available directly from communities like Yocto, OpenWRT etc.
- As part of open-source communities like kernel.org, dpdk.org, denx.de (uboot) etc.
- This is a combination of NXP provided kernel and bootloaders with an Ubuntu user-space derived from an LTS release available from Ubuntu.
- NXP Layerscape processors are fully Arm® standards compliant and are capable of running thousands of Linux applications in binary form.