The DSC56800EX Quick Start is a software environment for the embedded applications development. It is based on the graphical configuration tool (GCT) and a unified application programming interface (API)-style of accessing the peripheral modules. The Quick_Start helps users to accelerate the application development, to become quickly familiar with the target device and to create real-time applications rapidly and efficiently while retaining complete control over each portion of the underlying hardware.
The Quick_Start tool version 2.6 is now available for the 56800EX family of Digital Signal Controllers. It provides the out of box support for 56F82xxx and 56F84xxx devices and evaluation boards. The version 2.5 is still available for download and supports the 56800 and 56800E families of DSC (56F83xx, 56F82xx and 56F80xx).
New in Version 2.6
- Supports MC56F82748 and MC56F84789 DSC platforms.
- Out of box support for the new DSC Tower® evaluation boards.
- Project templates and example applications available for CodeWarrior® 10.3.
- Discontinued support for MC56F83xx, MC56F82xx and MC56F80xx (version 2.5 is still available for download).
- Graphical Configuration Tools supports the whole MC56F82xxx and MC56F84xxx families and also supports the older MC56F8xxx families to enable easy project migration to new platforms.
- The latest FreeMASTER driver files included enabling to connect to target device over UART, JTAG or CAN interface.