CLRC663, the high performance multi-protocol NFC frontend.
The CLRC663 multi-protocol NFC frontend IC supports the following operating modes
- Read/write mode supporting ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE
- Read/write mode supporting ISO/IEC 14443B
- Read/write mode supporting JIS X 6319-4 (comparable with FeliCa scheme)
- Passive initiator mode according to ISO/IEC 18092
- Read/write mode supporting ISO/IEC 15693
- Read/write mode supporting ICODE EPC UID/ EPC OTP
- Read/write mode supporting ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 3/ EPC Class-1 HF
The CLRC663’s internal transmitter is able to drive a reader/writer antenna designed to
communicate with ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE cards and transponders without additional
active circuitry. The digital module manages the complete ISO/IEC 14443A framing and
error detection functionality (parity and CRC).
The CLRC663 supports MIFARE Classic 1K, MIFARE Classic 4K, MIFARE Ultralight,
MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE PLUS and MIFARE DESFire products. The CLRC663
supports MIFARE higher transfer speeds of up to 848 kbit/s in both directions.
The CLRC663 supports layer 2 and 3 of the ISO/IEC 14443B reader/writer
communication scheme except anticollision. The anticollision needs to be implemented in
the firmware of the host controller as well as in the upper layers.
The CLRC663 is able to demodulate and decode FeliCa coded signals.The FeliCa
receiver part provides the demodulation and decoding circuitry for FeliCa coded signals.
The CLRC663 handles the FeliCa framing and error detection such as CRC. The
CLRC663 supports FeliCa higher transfer speeds of up to 424 kbit/s in both directions.
The CLRC663 is supporting the P2P passive initiator mode in accordance with
The CLRC663 supports the vicinity protocol according to ISO/IEC15693, EPC UID and
ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 3/ EPC Class-1 HF.
The following host interfaces are supported:
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
- Serial UART (similar to RS232 with voltage levels dependent on pin voltage supply)
- I²C-bus interface (two versions are implemented: I2C and I2CL)
The CLRC663 supports the connection of a secure access module (SAM). A dedicated
separate I2C interface is implemented for a connection of the SAM. The SAM can be used
for high secure key storage and acts as a very performant crypto coprocessor. A
dedicated SAM is available for connection to the CLRC663.